Saturday, May 31, 2014

Rwanda - the first few days

Not being a tech person, it has taken me awhile (my 5th day in Rwanda) to sit down and write...nothing fancy...no photos...just meat and potatoes. The flights over were long, but easy.  When I arrived at the Hotel des Milles Colline at 4:30 p.m. (Rwanda time) Tuesday (having left Philadelphia Monday at 10:30 a.m. Phila time), I took to the bed and got up only a few times for the next 24 hours.  By Wednesday evening, I was hungry...room service, CNN and some more sleep.  I did watch "Hotel Rwanda" at 1 a.m. while lying in a bed in "Hotel Rwanda."

Thursday afternoon, with a late checkout from the hotel, I took a taxi to the Hotel Chez Lando, where we are currently overnighting.  The others arrived short one little Ram (as Dr. Rundus is calling the students).  One of the young ladies that was to be here with us experienced a tremendous loss  Her mother collpased at the airport and died the next day.  When we received the news about her mother's death, we were shocked and filled with sorrow.  We wish M. could be here with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment